PEOPLE & SONGS
A community of creatives, each one unique in their own artistry,
together united by the mission to strengthen and release
the voice of the Church.
People & Songs uses the extraordinary and powerful tool of music to serve the Church by raising and sending:
We love people. Our community is made up of local Church songwriters, artists and worship leaders. According to Eph 5:21 we submit our individual stylistic bents and denominational preferences to allow our talent and creativity to become the tools with which we love and unite as one. Our prayer is that we would use our gifts to applaud and serve others rather than seeking applause and service from others.
God has put desire for biblical unity in us, and a longing to see the Church become one in faith, in hope, and in one calling. Each of us are:
- Representatives of varying denominations called to walk together and demonstrate healthy unity in Christ (1 Cor 12, Eph 3).
- Differing in stylistic expressions of worship but together seeking to serve the Church generationally, denominationally, and culturally. (John 13:34,17)
- Leaders called to strengthen and train leaders, who in turn, use what they’ve gained to strengthen and train other leaders (Mt 28:18-20).
- In agreement on basic tenets of the faith (see "WE BELIEVE" below). We will have differences, but unless those differences give us biblical direction to divide, we will walk in unity (Heb 6:1-3).
We are songwriters who love and respect the song of God and the the song of His Bride. We exist to release song from every believer within our sphere of influence. We understand the powerful tool of music and use it as stewards. We serve God and His Church by:
- Writing scripture (Heb 4:12, Is 55:11) on the heart of people with the indelible ink of meter, rhyme and melody.
- Arm the Bride of Christ with Her own voice (2 Chron 20:22, Eph 5:18-20, Ps 149, Ps 45:1) and Her own pen via workshops, retreats, conferences and camps.
- Providing corporate opportunity to unify (Mat 18:20) by lifting One voice, as One Church, to One King (John 17:20-24, 2 Chronicles 5:13, 2 Chron 20:22, Romans 15:5-7 ) through the songs we write
- Resourcing the Church with practical tools, product and hands-on help and support (John 6:1-14)
- Shaping belief with biblical worldview via the songs we write and carry to the Church and world (Mt 5:14)
We believe that the Church is made up of born-again believers (John 3:1-23) who profess Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone as the way to the Father (John 14:6). Each believer has differing life experiences, personalities, levels of maturity, cultural differences, and denominational vantage points. Each believer is responsible to work out their own salvation (Phil 2:12-13), through the power of the Holy Spirit informed by and in submission to the the Word of God.
People & Songs wholeheartedly agree on these core statements of faith:
- We believe in One God who is The Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- We believe God created the world
- We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary
- We believe Jesus humbled Himself to death and was crucified on a cross as the sacrificial Lamb of God for our sins
- We believe He was buried in a tomb and He rose from the dead three days later
- We believe Christ ascended to heaven and will come again one day to judge the living and the dead
- We believe The Holy Spirit conforms and empowers us to live and be like Jesus
- We believe God forgives those who repent and He saves us to eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ alone
- We believe in the resurrection of the saints and life in the world to come
- We believe the long-awaited and only Messiah is Jesus Christ the Lord. There has never been another nor will there ever be.
- We believe The Bible is the Word of God
Jesus told us in the scriptures, what His vision is: A pure and spotless Bride without wrinkle (Eph 5:27); who is filled with joy (John 15:1-11,16:24, Prov 31:25, Ps 57:8, Ps 149:5-9); living out Jesus’ final requests (John 17:8-26); fulfilling the great commission (Matt 28:18-20); and eagerly and wisely seeking His return (Matt 25, 1 Thes 1:4, Rev 1:4-7, Rev 22:17). The Bride, as His co-heir representative (Rom 8:17) is the most powerful voice on the planet (Mark 11:23, John 14:12-14). With His name (Phil 2:9-11), His blood (Rev 12:11), His Truth (2 Tim 3:16, Romans 1:16), His Spirit (Acts 2:17-21, Matt 28:18-20), His authority (Matt 10:1, 8, 1 John 5:14, Matt 28:18-20), His provision (Exodus 13:21-22, John 6:31-35, Matt 6:25-34, Matt 28:18-20), HIs promises (2 Cor 1:20, 7:1, 2 Pet 3:9, Matt 28:18-20), His protection (Ps 3:3, Exodus 13:21-22, Matt 26:52-54, Matt 28:18-20) and His seal. We have everything we need to do everything He has asked (2 Peter 1:3-4) and therefore, we will.